Thursday, August 8, 2013

RJ Prateeka of 93.5 RED FM: A fearsome dragon slayer...

You've to be a kamikaze to ring her up -- on her evening radio show. It's the electric chair experience.
It's a firing squad ordeal! She's a baby-faced executioner! It's her arena -- she's the gladiator. You'd be mercilessly annihilated. She'd make you sob. She'd make you scramble. Her impromptu, spiky humor is phenomenal. Your squeaky, muted protests would be unfeelingly, ruthlessly and violently -- muffled and squelched. She's like a bird of prey -- you're a mouse -- you're cornered and defenceless. She's a Brobdingnagian -- and you're a Lilliputian -- a duel is out of the question. I'm in a clichéd / proverbial catch-22 situation -- For some inexplicable reason -- For some ungodly reason -- I can't send Text Message(s) to her -- There's some glitch -- I get some gibberish error message(s) -- And, I'm not geeky anymore to resolve or debug this predicamental bug! -- And, I'm so terror-stricken that I'd never phone her. Just listening to her bash and squash callers makes my legs wobbly! I've started listening to her show avidly, fervently -- and, er -- ahem -- reverently (chuckle!) -- and uninterruptedly! -- It's sort of an escape mechanism -- an excursion -- It works like a jab -- Otherwise, my life is so monotonous. She's a shaman! Believe me--she'd tap into the parallel universe! ;-) A phone-in agony aunt! I'm writing this in a seriocomical tone -- in a wee bit of frivolous and festive mood -- But I'd like to tell you one thing seriously i.e. She's the most intelligent shock jock I've ever 'met'! She's destined to go places! Her mind-set -- conviction -- rationality: I'm checkmated. She wins. :-) Clinicians affirm that continuous exposure to sound above eighty decibels could be harmful -- but I don't give a damn -- I love listening to her voice -- everyday for four hours at a stretch! LOL

No comments: