Saturday, April 29, 2017

I think I'm writing with a wee bit of distinct suavity -- I've become perhaps more prudent in terms of -- bird's-eye view-ish sort of Blogging --
The New York Times Book Review -- The Wall Street Journal -- The Philadelphia Inquirer -- CNN, of Course -- And, Mister Larry King and all -- The Wall Street Journal -- The Atlanta -- And, I don't know it's been a while I've stumbled on Mother Jones -- And, This: Voice of America; plus Voice of America Special English -- I'm not a native speaker of the English language -- of course, absolutely not of American English -- I'm a BlackBoard Jungle DropOut who really real wished to go the Harvard -- The way Mister Richard Bach writes -- I always role-played that type of Barnstormer's way of life -- I'm forty-four-years old now -- Prof. Kev Nair, author of The English Fluency Development Encyclopedia -- helped me learn that we Asians -- particularly, Indians learn English the wrong way. He says that Language -- any language -- has two sides -- like a coin -- Here in India we learn to write first -- then we strive to speak -- that's why we aren't so fluent -- For instance: We say Extinguish your cigarette. The more conversation way of saying it is: Put out your cigarette. We didn't learn Phrasal verbs because we come from underpriviliged socio-economic backgrounds -- our parents and guardians could and still can't afford to sign up us at Elite schools. Exinguish is written English. Put out is Spoken English. Of course, an American kindergarten-er would of course -- definitely -- write with more flair and an innate aptitude to choose apt words. Like that person who writes Junie B. Jones. Unlearning is difficult. If you've learnt to pronounce a word in a certain way; and someday -- someone from a rather priviliged background and this Old School Tie Type of self-esteem -- points out to you that you're mispronouncing this -- that might happen in a private one-on-one powwow like session or during a telly talk show -- so my point is: Learning the right way of doing everything not only language and all is quite important -- Unlearning the wrong attitudes or so for instance, and re-learning the postive ones become really difficult. One more thing: I didn't find my TOEFL score sheet -- That's during the 1990s or so -- but, still they keep archives and records -- even remote backups -- TOEFL people I think are really real serious-minded chaps when it comes to speaking English -- and, all the other closely associated attributes and traits that comes with anything American -- Language or Ethics. I'm an Indian with an American-mind-set -- stranded in India. A stint of expatriate escapade in Abu Dhabi, Emirates -- of eighteen-years or so -- helped me become so dreadfully aware of my inherent frailities.

Er-Drat-Ahem--Didn't I forget Miss Bill Gates. I still pick up a really real ravishing and vogue word or two if I re-read the transcript of his speech at Harvard.

Yep. Yep. Perpetual self-delusion. I've always been so. Betty or Veronica eh?

Novajo.

No comments: