Monday, March 20, 2017

A Brobdingnagian Puppeteer. A Liliiputian Puppet. Lilliput Island is only in your mind. Reality check. Left me for dead. Left me thunderstruck.


"this is my life, I experience it alone, and my time here on Earth is very limited. I cannot be owned by anyone else. I must be ever alert for any efforts to take away my right to be myself. If you love me, you love me for what I am, not for what you want me to be."

I struck off Pulling-Your-Own-Strings today. For you. You're my: Shari Lewis! I'm your Marionette; And, you're my marionettist. 

Pull Your Own Strings

We are connected
in invisible ways
to our fears
we are the puppet
& the puppeteer,
the victims of our
expectation.
Silken threads pull,
arms & legs
flop & jangle.
We dance to the music
of our fears
bodies crouched inside
children hiding, pretending,
under that rock
behind that tree
someplace, everywhere
not what we control.
Pull your own strings
move into your body
& to the beat of life
cut your strings
hold out your hand to
the unknown,
walk in the dark
open your arms
to the embrace of air,
make them wings
that soar.
-- Gayle Spanier Rawlings

No comments: