Sunday, September 29, 2013

This Blog post is based on a true story... :-)

I hopped on a bus -- on impulse --  this morning -- around six-ish. The 'privy purse' (Let's just not call it 'disability living allowance') -- I get is handsome enough for a zoo keeper / gamekeeper or dethroned chieftain -- But I'm ready to file for bankruptcy after a lavish week or so... Economic analysts call it: Spending spree! LOL I didn't have change -- but the conductor wasn't priggish -- He's quite cordial -- Didn't debus me or anything -- Just earmarked my ticket in a cryptic language -- looked like ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics! -- 

I discovered that -- that many people with enormous physical disabilities commute by bus -- And, there're girl commuters too (Probably collegian -- though it's Sunday.)

I also learnt that it's safe and economical...

I don't have to haggle with tipsy autorickshaw drivers -- Absolutely no mortal fear of head-on collision. Blaring raunchy songs (Jerry-built speakers!) And, zero turbulence!

I'm fortyish -- a reformed romancer -- but I might meet my ideological soul mate -- on a bus!

Next time, I'd hop on a double-decker... And, one more thing: I'd get a 'bus pass'.

What's that eh? White noise... I guess aliens are trying to intercept (eavesdropping on) our radio frequencies! ;-)

I gotta go...rescue some damsel in distress...

Bye-bye! See you later! 

No comments: