Friday, April 5, 2019

islamqa.info -- Question # 199949

In the hadeeth in as-Saheehayn from ‘Aa’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her), she says: … (This went on) until the truth came to him when he was in the cave of Hiraa’. The angel came and said, “Read (or recite)!” He (the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)) said: “I said: ‘I am not a reader.’ Then he took hold of me and squeezed me until I could not bear it any more, then he released me and said, ‘Read!’ I said, ‘I am not a reader.’ He took hold of me and squeezed me a second time until I could not bear it any more, then he released me and said, ‘Read!’ I said, ‘I am not a reader.’ He took hold of me and squeezed me a third time until I could not bear it any more, then he released me and said: ‘Read! In the Name of your Lord Who has created (all that exists) … He has taught man that which he knew not.’ [al-‘Alaq 96:1-5].”

Source: https://islamqa.info/en/answers/199949/read-in-the-name-of-your-lord-who-has-created-all-that-exists-is-a-command-to-recite-from-memory-not-from-a-written-page

No comments: