Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Jawaab-e-Shikwa

Hey, Mister Decoy
Why're you so shy and coy?
Come out in the open
Don't be a closet gay!

Why're you so curious and prying?
When'd you seriously stop trying?
You're fumbling in the dark
I won't let the skeleton in the closet come out tumbling
Let's talk about tweaking Windows Eight
Don't you know that it's the newest OS in cyberspace?
You've got a poker face!

You can't solve my problems.
Wish I'd a harem full of prettiest houris and babes
Let me be in peace.
Buy me a meal - burger with plenty of cheese!

My story is awfully sad
You're not so bad
Let's talk about something vogue and fad
You're an inquisitive and nosy lad
You may have vested interest -- who knows?
You're foxy and brat.
My world is full of snitchers and decoys
When I was young I fought many skirmishes and wars
I was like a tunnel rat
Now I'm old -- caught in friendly fire.

I can't ride horses or spar anymore
But I'd still see bright-colored kites -- dancing in the sky and do chores
My troubles are great
But I'd still walk upright and straight

I'm not a genius
But a nature's freak
You're wrongly impressed
I'm not an alpha geek.

My morals are weak
I'm such a creep.
Life is like a Sisyphean-ordeal
Of this fakir and dervish.

I'm transsexual -- And, you're gay
That's why - our bond is like hardened clay.

I've hurt my Mom and Dad -- siblings and friends
I'm definitely going to lose -- if you put me through trial by fire
It's penance time
Life is uphill and steep
Why're you so curious to know my sob story?
When there's no purpose and gain?

I've done things evil, dark and bleak
I've no strength of character and grit
It hurts -- as if a crow pecking my eyes out with its beak
I'd barely even bleat
Like a dying, sacrificed sheep in summer heat

I may have given a few pennies to the poor
But I'm not generous or like Hatim al-Tai in the lore.

I'd stop playing Osho.
I'd never be your guru or mentor
I'm of frail body and mind
Lowly and vile.

I've cheated and lied
My head is hung in shame
Lost my life chasing dames
Now I'm broke, notorious and lame
How'd I possibly blame anyone else?
It's all my game.

I couldn't make my parents proud
Now I cry and wail

My life is full of trials
It's like hellfire
There's no relief
There's no rain
Only problems, stigma and pain

Yes, I still think you're a decoy
And a closet gay
Let's have a fag and sway
Problems don't always stay.

No comments: