Friday, February 8, 2013

Jawaab-e-Shikwa TWO

I wasn't a Prince Charming
That's why I lost my pretty darling
My life is so pseudo and fake
Wish I'd forsake everything and become a monk or sage.

I've lost my wars
I've fallen off my horse
Like General William Childs Westmoreland
I'm sad-faced, worrywart and cross.

I never won the toss
Always started on the wrong-foot, boss.

You're such a lark
Uncle Sam isn't a shark
Israel is a chum
You're naive, gullible and bum.

The enemy is within
Why do you blame the Jinn?
God will send angels on Burrakh
I'm not afraid of the Scrooge and the dark.

My memory is bad
I don't remember what I'd in breakfast or brunch
Or whose face was there on the newspaper front.

I was never a clock watcher
Hourglass is of no use to me
My life is over -- my friend, my brother.
Take these oars
It's your turn
To row across the river
To a life of pompous, fun, fame and reverie.

I'm semi-blind
I can't tell you the time
But I'd tell you one thing
Get this straight
I'm sentenced to the stake.

It's semblance
There's no man in the moon
I'm ill-fated and fool
Wish I hadn't dropped out of school.

Transsexuality and gayness
That's very coarse, crass and sad
But you got to stick to your sexual orientation -- lad
You've got to be honest with yourself and your flock and folks
Who's brain-washing you?
Are they Taliban chaps?

I'm liberal and-er-ahem-not metrosexual
Dead against plutocratical
I'm peace-loving and God-fearing
Won't hurt a living thing.

I'm not hard-headed
My loyalties aren't promiscuous
Fidelity is in my blood
I love my country and fellow countrymen
If you don't believe me?
Then hara-kiri my guts.

You're so sly and coy
Like the Trojan of Troy
What has possessed you?
Has the Devil got you?

You're such a boy
Still playing with toys
Baby tooth under your pillow?
Tooth fairy in your dreams?

You're a conformist and a rookie 
Oblivious to real games
People are vicious and snaky
I've been victimized and framed.

It's raining in the Winter
Isn't that insane?
Let's do something about this
Before it becomes a bane.

Mosquitoes are buzzing again
Is it the same everywhere?
or just in our lane?
Oh, I'm being so mediocre and mundane.

Don't push your luck
I'm psychotic and thug.

No comments: