Tuesday, January 23, 2018

A mentor and mentee . . . .

Maybe disciple and discipline come from the same root -- I didn't look up though -- What do you think eh? -- I think apart from close familial relationships -- a mentor and mentee relationship is the most wonderful -- that sort of camaraderie is absent in other relationships -- but of course there're exceptions -- that's all I wanted to share with you denizens today -- before I hit the Publish button I'd like to tell you one more thing -- you know my problem is even when I don't understand something I nod my head in agreement as if I understood . . . . out of courtesy and to be cordial -- I still am a meek kiddo -- I just couldn't become brave -- so don't do that -- be courteous but at the same time be assertive -- say sir / ma'am I didn't get it -- please help me understand -- something like that -- By the way, remember one thing: People behave differently when they're in a group -- even in a nuclear family scenario -- so interact with them one-on-one. Chances are you'd get an affirmative answer.

So we wizards stay up late -- We're night owls -- Night persons -- And, we seldom log off. 

I hardly say good-bye because there's no word for good-bye in Navajo.

Now, just don't shrug indifferently at me . . . . look up 'Navajo'. The keyword is 'understand'. Here're the Six Ws: Who? What? Where? When? Why? and How? In a nutshell: Ask open-ended questions.

No comments: