Monday, March 25, 2013

This is my reply: Subhuman

I'm subhuman or humanoid
I'm noble savage not a savant
Wish I'd rise to the stature of holy men in piety and resolution
But I'm beastlike and inhuman.

I'm too frail to spar now
Quite dim-witted to pentest computer networks
I did get into aviation -- but couldn't get my wings
I couldn't become a top gun or barnstormer like Richard Bach.

I'm not an intellectualist or a wizard
I lose all the time in the Derby
Neither I'm blue-blooded nor a nabob
I'm dervish-like and fakir of sorts.

I live in an eldorado of my imagination
Daydreams and fairy tales of beautiful princesses and gallant princes
My rhymes are amateurish -- my Blog is juvenile
How'd you be my follower -- I haven't read a single divan.

I didn't do anything spectacular
Lost my youth in skirt-chasing
Even witchlike spinsters shush and shun me now
Unending solitude is like undying, unbroken curse.

I'm not a philosopher
But I did believe in fables and tall tales of philosopher's stone
Those turned out fanciful -- didn't make me rich and royal
I'm poverty-stricken, penniless, beggarly and an old tramp.

I didn't do anything for my country
Calling me a patriot is a misnomer
My vocab is full of archaic words
There're of no use in prose or verse.

I did trot, canter and gallop -- But too feeble now even to saddle
Or swing a mallet for that crowd–pleasing, singature belly shot.
Your poem is plump -- But I'd always trump you
After all, I'm your guru.

Many maidens kept their hope chests ready
I didn't choose even the most prettiest lady
I searched for an elusive houri
Now people taunt me for my bachelordom.

Moneylenders ate me up like nefarious, pigging vermin
Have you read Munshi Premchand's The Gift of the Cow
Yep, I'm an ultraliberal
But that radicalism has put me in such unsaid, untold miseries.

I think I'm an idiot savant
My skillfulness is seriously debatable
I've lost shamefully -- my jihad with myself
Only thing I possibly have achieved is moral victory.

And, yep I'm an ardent believer in secularism
But that doesn't make me stand out
There're millions who believe in this school of thought
So my dearest disciple -- your theory is nought.

Nothing superhumanly about me
It seems you've read too many Yeti or Bigfoot stories
Don't superhumanize me
I don't have a cloak of invisibility.

No comments: