Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A girl beyond beauty pageants -- A girl who raises the dead

She never contested in a beauty pageant
Otherwise, she'd have been an uncontestable winner.

Sometimes I think she's probably from Venus
She's so fairy-like and unearthly.

Has possibly lost her magic wand
But still casts magic spells with her big, bright, starry eyes.

Petite and fair -- perfect, short hair
She redefines the oomph factor.

Glorious eyes -- childish rage
Girlishness in her voice and innocence on her face.

Helps me fight my schizophrenia
Chases off my demons and hushes me to sleep.

She's the uncrowned queen
Sometimes gets meany like a bandit queen.

Should be the poster girl for matrimonial sites
Looks like a bombshell in jeans, kurtas and big, dark goggles.

She loves me -- she loves me not
That's an unsolved puzzle.

This irreciprocity is endless frolic
I chase this elusive demigoddess forever.

She's so discreet and subtle
Speaks in shy, hushed riddles.

Her voice is so angelical
Could raise me even when I'm dead -- like Lazarus.

Her laughter echoes mercilessly in my head even when I'm asleep
I toss and turn in my bed all night.

Wish she were my wife
We'd have chatted endlessly and walked barefoot in the moonlight night.

Life with her is so dreamlike
Like respite of drizzle on a scorching hot summer day.

Comes from a family of rajahs and begums
Never lets me feel like a commoner.

She's brainy like anything 
Makes superbright whizzes, astrophysicists and nuclear scientists feel like braindead zombies.

Wish we'd time travel to a fantasyland
And, stay there till the cows come home.

No comments: