Saturday, March 16, 2013

Dear Enemy: A seriocomical rhyme about Fatima Bhutto! :-)

She's thirty
I'm forty.

She's Dear Enemy
I'm from the foe country.

Both of us were destined to meet in the cyberspace
I wonder if she's read Jean Webster's sequel to Daddy-Long-Legs.

Our story should turn out like Notting Hill
Will we ever tie the knot or always stay single.

My bank balance is nought
Wish I'd hit the jackpot.

God, please turn me into a zillionaire
A rags-to-riches billionaire.

Make my adversary my soul mate
Write this in my scroll of fate.

I'll woo her all my life
And, sweep her off her feet.

She's starry-eyed and celebrity scribe
I'm Vikram Seth's Suitable Boy.

I wonder if she's shilly-shallying, dilly-dallying, contemplating
Sending me a sally note -- now that's a point to moot.

No comments: