Sunday, September 1, 2019

Reprint: Let me turn rookies into Alpha Geeks...

Wednesday, October 9, 2013
Let me turn rookies into Alpha Geeks...
My Ethical Hacking / Penetration Testing Lab
Hardware:
1. Laptop: vgc (very good condition)
2. Laptop: Oldie
3. Desktop: Oldie
I shy away from hardware so not giving you specs -- By the way, I'd mug up CompTIA A+ guide(s).
I'd sign up for a dedicated high-speed Intenet connexion.
In the not too distant future: I'd also sign up for a dedicated IP address.
I'd also get a Hardware Firewall (dirt cheap) but sturdy -- should deflect attacks -- though I just adore those groovy Check Point's UTM appliances.
Software:
1. Windows Server 2012 (Evaluation copy)
2. Honeypots
3. BBS
What's your role?
You've to attack my systems viciously (no-holds-barred). This a real live Ethical Hacking exercise. Relentless -- knock-down-drag-out -- distributed attacks.
Posted by Maqsood Qureshi at 2:32 AM

No comments: