Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Is destitution our destiny?

Why're we so utterly poor? How'd we possibly change our destinies? Is this what God wants us to be like? I don't think God wants us to be like this. We must rise. We must fight. The most primal war is with our own conscience. The most essential battle is with out own vested interests. I see extremely poor everywhere. Is destitution our destiny? Have we forsaken 'em? Who's going to help 'em? Govt.? NGOs? I just want two loaves of bread. And, dignity. I correlate with 'em. It's been ages since Independence -- why poverty still remains unabolished? Why do our kids have to work? I see 'em polishing boots. We need to fight our self-centeredness. A handful of paise doesn't help. We need to re-examine our methodologies. We need a radical approach clubbed with mature vision.

No comments: