Monday, November 18, 2019

A guilt-tripping tale of Blood, toil, tears and sweat

I saw two persons today -- unloading truckload of cement bags -- backbreaking work -- I felt guilty -- then I came into my room -- and this's flashing on my computer screen:

Princess Diana's iconic blue velvet evening gown, which she wore to dance with John Travolta at the White House, goes on sale for £350,000

------------------x---------------------x----------------------------x-----


WFP's Hunger Map depicts the prevalence of undernourishment in the population of each country in 2016-18. From Africa and Asia to Latin America and the Near East, there are 821 million people - more than 1 in 9 of the world population - who do not get enough to eat.

------------------x------------------------x------------------------------x

The Prince is expected to spend upwards of $150 million to outfit the plane’s interior—this on top of the $310 million price tag he spent for the Airbus plane itself.

We need to rethink -- there's something woefully wrong with our priorities -- we need to introspect.

I thought I was the only one DEMENTED around! :-)

No comments: