Friday, February 22, 2019

My first apology in English! LOL

Early 90s -- I was in HND: Higher National Diploma in Business Computing from Scottish Vocational Education Council -- Place: Abu Dhabi. I didn't know how to speak in English. My only guide was Rapidex English Speaking Course -- I didn't realize that I was mislead -- anyways -- in my class there's a girl -- and, for some reason I'd to apologize to her -- so with mammoth effort -- I jotted down an apology letter -- but at the nick of the moment -- I decided not to give it to her -- that chit but to say it aloud -- as it's by heart - by that time -- I approached her with -- somehow -- and I told her: I'm sorry or I apologize those words escaped my lips! She started laughing and her best friend too and all that - I think she and her friend went to Indian School, Abu Dhabi -- And, her family was quite affluent -- Both of 'em were modest and polite -- They knew I was genuinely sorry -- plus -- I think it's something -- that's not so serious -- They're amused -- But she never humiliated me or anything like that -- because I couldn't speak English.

I used to speak in written English -- and, people used to laugh at me.

My brother #1 and Brother #2 helped me a lot -- like I didn't know even basic Telephone English. And, my Guru as well.

I'm telling you all this because I know you'd be embarrassed and humiliated if you can't speak English. I went through that . . . .

This is for you guys --- Check this out: Prof. Kev Nair's course helped me a lot. It's been 20 years or so.

http://www.fluentzy.com

No comments: