Monday, December 12, 2016

Draft: A parrot astrologer and his parakeet: Tête-à-tête . . . .


A parrot astrologer and his parakeet: Tête-à-tête . . . . 

Astrologer: [Good–humoredly] Parrot: Please tell me about my Destiny.
Parrot: [Feigning dizziness] Sunstroke!

Astrologer: [Mockingly] What? Am I going to suffer a sunstroke?
Parrot: Nope! Moreover, how would I know . . . . You are the learned one! I was merely suggesting that we sit under a tree! Preferably . . . . an old banyan tree!  

Astrologer: [Perplexed] That is a peculiar request. Seriouly unbecoming . . . . Never mind . . . . Okay. But why an old banyan tree? Why not any other tree? Moreover, what do you know about trees in the first place? 

Parrot: Moreover, I am getting bad vibes . . . . maybe this place is  jinxed . . . .
I am basically a bird . . . . It is my innateness . . . . It is my intrinsicality . . . . I know about trees like the back of my hand. 
An old banyan tree is a sagely tree . . . . it is a sacred tree . . . . 

Astrologer: Aw! That is quite awe-inspiring. Maybe you are missing your nest that you never built! I am touched! I am not a cruel or harsh man! You must have realized that by now . . .  . I detest keeping you caged like this! Let us call this shared destiny or what is your favorite concept? Drat! Symbiosis right? Yep! Ours is a classic example of symbiotic relationship . . . . Your hankering for freedom is an open secret! Your unabashed temper tantrums! Sullen! That is Utopia! 
Your quest for an El Dorado! It is mirage! Prolonged captivity does make you erratic . . . . delusional and all that! I feel sorry for you . . . . really!

Parrot: Dont you get bored? Monotony!

Astrologer: Nah . . . . 

Parrot: Why did you become an astrologer?

Astrologer: Duh! Isnt that obvious?

Parrot: Destiny? 

Astrologer: Bingo!

Parrot: Game? You want me to play that game with you? That is a game right? Oh please . . . . anything but cards!

Astrologer: Let's play dice! 

Parrot: Socratic irony?

Astrologer: What is that?

Parrot: Why do you address me as Parrot? Isnt that pejorative? I love giving people nicknames! Pet name! Anyways . . . . Who was he?

Astrologer: Who? 

Parrot: Socrates?

Astrologer: Dunno! It's all Greek to me!

Parrot: Your patron?

Astrologer: Maybe! I dont remember his face!

Parrot: How come I dont remember meeting him?

Astrologer: Because you are always sleepwalking! Absent-minded! Trancelike aloofness! Oblivious! Moreover, I dont know about birds particularly about parrots like the back of my hand! Bird mind–set blah, blah, blah!

Parrot: Can I ask you something?

Astrologer: Huh?

Parrot: Do you really think that I am insolent?

Astrologer: Yep! Unwarranted . . . . character assassination is blatant insolence! I know all about your wicked plans . . . . You are scheming, foxy type . . . . And, you think that I am a con artist! That is quite heartbreaking! You are so unfeeling! 

Parrot: I am overawed . . . . is that Stockholm syndrome? Eye–opener!

No comments: