Friday, March 23, 2012

Incredible bravery of acid attack victim

Patricia Lefranc was left horrifically disfigured after her jilted lover sprayed sulphuric acid on her face. The 48-year-old lady spent three months in a coma. She lost the sight of one eye, became partially deaf, and had to endure 86 surgical operations. Two years have passed since the attack; still the acid continues to erode her skin and eat away her nose. Being mocked by her son’s school friends, being stared at in the street, being cited as example to unyielding girls by threatening lovers..., the horror and shame of it haunts her in myriad forms. 'Remes has ruined my life as a woman. I am determined to look him in the eye and show the jury what he has done to me. I would also appeal to his wife. She paints me as a manipulator who hooked her husband. I think that's an insult - a dagger in my back.'Richard Remes, the accused, has apologised for the attack; but he denies that he intended to murder or even maim her, confessing that he did not realise that the acid would have such horrible consequences.The story goes that Ms. Lefranc was a janitor in the apartments where the accused Mr. Remes had been living with his wife and children. There he fell into an affair with her, and when she wanted to close it after two years, showered the attack.

No comments: