Saturday, September 7, 2024

Reprint: An open letter to Pooja Bhatt :-)

Tuesday, July 11, 2023

I just stumbled upon Pooja Bhatt's sketch -- sheer serendipity believe me -- anyways she looks so dreadfully fuzzy-headed in this mugshot -- Puja in Sanskrit means Worship -- Early 90s....my big brother "introduced" me to Mahesh Bhatt sahib -- Telly was on and Bhatt sahib was if I remember correctly nuking his interviewer with absolutely no pity and mercy LOL ROFL -- I'm obviously duh too Lilliputian to write about him -- Nevertheless, I'll give it a half-hearted and mousy try: An avant-gardist. A person of great stature and brilliance. Wish I were like him. Self-effacing man with no prejudice and pride. A man of unprecedented intellect and school of thought. Scrupulous, incorruptible and exemplary integrity. A man of indomitable courage. No fear or favor: His philosophy of life. In a nutshell. He makes me cower in shame and self-consciousness. I'm nobody. He's a steadfast and unfaltering soldier. Absolutely incorruptible. Pooja is a copycat of her father. Period.

No comments: