Saturday, July 15, 2023

This is what the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) taught to al-Bara’ ibn ‘Aazib (may Allah be pleased with him) when he said to him: “When you go to bed, do wudoo’ as for prayer, then lie down on your right side, then say: ‘O Allaah, I have turned my face towards You and entrusted my affairs to You and relied completely upon You, out of hope and fear of You. There is no refuge or safe haven from You except with You. O Allah, I believe in Your Book which You have revealed, and in Your Prophet whom You have sent.’ Make these your last words. Then if you die that night, you will have died in a state of fitrah.” He said: I repeated them in the presence of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him), and when I reached the words, ‘O Allah, I believe in Your Book which You have revealed’ I said: ‘I believe in Your Messenger whom You have sent,’ and he said: “No, ‘in Your Prophet whom You have sent.’” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (247) and Muslim (2710).

No comments: