Friday, August 3, 2018

Reprint from my Blog: Mirza Tahir Ahmad from the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community

SUNDAY, MARCH 12, 2017

My Mentor -- My Guru: Mirza Tahir Ahmad from the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community: My Homage.

In the early nineteen-nineties a sagely person helped me learn the fundamentals of interaction -- rudimental elements of initiating not only a conversation but an everlasting and pristine liaison with a rather self–conscious kid. Void of pompus sermons and condescending attitude. A panchayat: A village council like milieu. But every kid present could role-play as a sarpanch. He'd give his input without the mortal fear of being ridiculed or labelled a moron. His aura was such that he'd invoke an implicit trust in you for everything that is good around you effortlessly. Nothing riddled with an unending checklists of Dos and Don'ts. A non-manualist-ic approach to self No rude awakenings. No instantaneous Enlightenments guaranteed. No Fast-food like Nirvanas but a simple icebreaker with a shy, pimply, pony=tailed girl who is probably being taunted at her school for her dental braces. Crooked teeth she says chokingly. Oh, his face turns grim all of a sudden -- then he chuckles -- the kids breathe again with a joyous grin -- as if they imitate everything he does -- as if they are in commune with each other -- he says now that's a very complicated problem but tell me something do you know how to spell c-r-o-o-k-e-d? Be honest. She nods and swears in her kiddo body language sign. Her entire faith is at stake. Tick Tock Tick Tock. He says you know when I was your age I didn't know the meaning of the word or how to spell it and even the language this particular word belongs to -- but I met crooks -- everywhere -- they don't belong anywhere -- but they're ubiquitous -- learn to deal with them -- don't let them spoil your English and Computers classes. Your siblings tell me that you are so exceptionally good at them. So I rang up your coordinators and they said she's a kind of girl who's good at everything thus computing or English language or any other lingo for that matter. She's a sagely soul. She doesn't want to hurt anyone. That's why she can't me mean or rude. She's always polite and goes out of the way to help people in school-like distresses. We're so proud of her and her family -- nuclear and extended and her community -- An unassuming girl -- A girl who'd tell a very wise thing in a few simple words -- blah-blah-blah. All the kids burst out laughing. What did I just say? They repeat loudly. BLAH-BLAH-BLAH. This girl is choking again -- but this time -- she's happy. Joyously happy. 

This person was My Mentor -- My Guru: Mirza Tahir Ahmad from the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community.

I wonder if that program is still being televised eh?

No comments: